Thursday, January 12, 2012

Little Debbie

I enjoy baking, but don't it all that often. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a dishwasher and with baking comes lots of dirty dishes, or the fact that none of us NEED all the tempting cookies, cupcakes, muffins, and pies sitting around, or that I tend to get stuck in a "recipe rut" and sometimes I simply don't know what to bake! Whatever the reason, I'm not Betty Crocker by any stretch!

That being said... I love baking with my girls! I do! But with children come messes and it's been a stretch for me to let go of having a sparkling clean kitchen and hand the reins over to a 1 year old and a 3 year old!

I typically do the measuring and let them pour, stir, taste, scoop, etc. But Alia is now at the age where I'm trying to let her do more things on her own. SO... she made her very own cake the other day. 

Don't judge us... but out came the boxed cake mix, and away we went!



Every "neat and clean cell" in my body wanted to help out... but I let her do the majority! And to my surprise spills and messes were kept to a nice minimum!




Look Mom... no shells! 


We made Alia's masterpiece into a jello cake and it was moist as could be! She's on her way to being a "Little Debbie" in no time... next step, becoming a master dish washer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment