Wednesday, January 18, 2012

365 Project: January 8, 2012

So remember how I mentioned that I need to bring my camera EVERYWHERE for this whole 365 thing to work? Well... I've drawn the line at taking it to church. For reasons you can probably understand. That being said... I really WISH I could bring it. Why? Because Sunday mornings are filled with SO many things I want to remember!

Alia dancing in the aisle with her little friends during the praise music. Hands raised all around the sanctuary in heartfelt worship. Cuddling with Caidrie during the sermon. A tear running down my face because something our pastor said has "struck a chord" in me. Chatting with friends after the service.

I love it. 

Rich Mullins said " ... I never understood why going to church makes you a hypocrite. Nobody goes to church because they're perfect. If you've got it all together, you don't need to go. You can go jogging with all the other perfect people on Sunday morning. Every time you go to church, you're confessing again to yourself, to your family, to the people you pass on the way there, to the people who will greet you there, that you don't have it all together. And that you need their support. You need their direction. You need some accountability, you need some help." 

Exactly. I feel like our church believes and practices that! I don't have to pretend that I have it together and that I'm "good" all the time. I can simply be real.

And that... well that's picture worthy!

On to the photo of the day... which has nothing to do with church! :) This little lady is about as bad as her mama! See?


"Say cheese... good, got it!" 

I may not be able to bring my camera to church but..... JUST KIDDING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment