Friday, February 27, 2009

A Quarter of a Century!

Tomorrow is the day… I’m actually really excited about turning 25! I feel like it’s such a great time in life… now 30… that might be hard for me, but for now I’m happy about being a ¼ of a century old!
As I look back over my life I am so thankful. Why God chose me, blesses me, and loves me I will never know… but I can see His hand in every area. I’ll spare you the life story… but it seems He has just given me my dreams on a platter.
My family being saved changed the course of all our lives. Maybe it’s just because I can’t remember before then… but the dreams start at that point! An incredible family (even with the quarks!), great lifelong high school friends, Wyoming (the good parts, not necessarily the bad ones!), being able to travel to so many places, marrying an amazing man (though I have to admit… Canada was never part of my plan!), having such a wonderful daughter…
The more I’ve been thinking about it, the more I’m aware that this is where I’ve always wanted to be. As I “dreamed” of being 25 (back in grade school/high school and such) I always wanted to be a wife and a mother. I never cared about a career – although I am getting closer at knowing what I want to be when I grow up! Some people scoff at that… and I feel that I have to defend myself. That gets me right ticked off, and it’s in those times that my husband reminds me of the desires of my heart.
Blessed sums up the last ¼ century of my life. I am in complete awe. The awe that makes me fall on my knees before my Maker. If the last 25 years have been this good (and most those I don’t remember... I’m realizing I have a really bad memory) than the next 25 can only get better, right? That’s what I’m believing.

1 comment: