Friday, February 20, 2009

Hopeless

It has just been one of those weeks… and it doesn’t help that we’ve been cooped up in the house everyday except Tuesday. I found myself crying off and on most of Wednesday. I just felt (and still feel?) that it’s hopeless. I like living here because of the location, the community, the benefits our government offers, and the wonderful job Jon has, etc.… but having very few family and friends around is taking its toll. I know we can’t move home with the economy the way it is, but I feel we just can’t stay here either. We are depriving Alia of some of the most important family relationships... it’s not fair to her, or to them. It’s an inner struggle that I’ve yet to find peace with.

Thankfully, in times such as these, two wonderful friends are here for encouragement… and to remind me that MB isn’t all that bad! These two women are such a blessing to me!

1 comment:

  1. Trying to catch up on some of your older posts that i've missed in my bussiness.
    Sending hugs. I hear you on the distance from family. I actually just thought earlier about e-mailing you and asking how long until Canada felt like home. We're struggling to be here and missing people and family.
    I wish we could spend time together.
    Feel free to come visit some time!
    Lots of love my friend.

    ReplyDelete