Thursday, February 26, 2009

Take # 2

So last night, around 9:45 pm, Jon mentioned he had a 20 minute presentation due for his “Teaching Variations” class. Not a big deal, right? It needs to arrive in the big city by Wednesday, which means it’s crunch time. So… I whip out the camera, grumbling and cranky I must admit (I had hoped to get to bed early). We arrange the kitchen and I start videoing. We had to start over twice due to phone calls… but it turned out okay. As I was listening about “diesel engine components” I realized that Jon really does love this. He may not even realize it yet… but I think teaching is one of his gifts. He loves engines, he knows so much about them, and he is able to pass that passion on to the next generation while having fun in the process. When all was said and done he could only drag it out for 15 minutes, so tonight we’re doing a retake... making the deadline even tighter. But… I’m looking forward to holding that camera perfectly still for 20 minutes. Why? Because I’m seeing a little more of who my husband is… and I am in more in love with him because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment