Friday, February 20, 2009

Swimsuit Madness

ARGH! After spending hours looking online for the “perfect, quality, slimming swimsuit”, re-measuring and re-measuring to get the correct size, and agonizing over spending ridiculous amounts for something so simple… I finally ordered what I thought would be a great suit. And upon trying it on, ended up frustrated and in tears! It was too small. Jon tried to be positive… “No, hunny it looks okay, really.” “I know, but you’ve never had a baby before.” It was no use. I still felt miserable!
I’ve lost all my “baby weight” and am even less than before I got pregnant… but things are just different. So… I re-ordered the next size up and we’re giving it one more go around. If that doesn’t work then we’ll have to head to the city, I guess.

But feeling this… blah… has got me thinking. Jon and Mark (his teaching buddy) are running a relay marathon in early summer. They asked if I wanted to join them and I just laughed! But ya know what… I think it would be really good. I would have a goal and a purpose behind running. And since I hate running so much… a purpose is needed! I think my leg of the race would only be 6 miles. Ha... “only 6 miles”...easier said than done. But I really think this is something I want to do, although I'm quite nervous! So… it looks like I need to dust my runners off. And pray for warm weather, I’m not dedicated enough to run in this brutal ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment