Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Being the super aunt and uncle that they are... my brother and his wife wanted to take Alia somewhere special while we were home! We originally thought we'd go to the zoo to see all the lights (it's CRAZY what their hydro bill must cost!) but heard that most the animals weren't in view, so we decided to go with plan B. (And as we were passing the zoo entrance on our way to plan B, there were miles of cars backed up just waiting to get in! So it's a good thing we went somewhere else... otherwise Alia would have been asleep before we even got in the gate!!)
Plan B ended up being the "Winter Wonderland". The very same event that we graced several times as children! I'll be honest... I don't quite remember it being that cheezy when I was a youngin'... but Alia loved it - and that's what matters! It was so cute... her little pointer finger was out the whole evening!





Of course Uncle Josh let her TOUCH everything... not just point at it!


And here we have my husband modeling my bro's hat. You'd think, for being a Canadian, he'd be able pull the look off better - but nope! We promptly asked him to return it to Joel.... quickly!


Auntie Erin and Alia are like two peas in a pod - my oh my, those two have fun together!


I know the quality of this pic is horrible but I loved the expressions!


Every member of the family took turns holding Alia... as you can see! It was almost like setting a timer so a new toy can be enjoyed by all! "Beeeeeep... K, now it's my turn!"


The main highlight of the evening was the huge blow up jumping thing they had set up for the kiddos! Alia had a BLAST... until an older kid took her out. I wasn't there to witness the event (I'm preggo... remember... take one wild guess where I was!) but apparently after the tangle she was done with that event pretty fast!
Overall it was a fun evening and I'm so glad we went!

2 comments:

  1. I feel complete again (well, sort of) now that I'm caught up on the life of the kreisers. Can't wait to see what the next bundle of joy is going to be. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! I love following your blog too.... your little girl is ADORABLE!! How fun it would be for our girls to play together... hopefully it will happen sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete