Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's 4:45 am...

... and I've been up for over two hours. Definitely not my original plan, but here I am.

Things that are going through my head include (but are not limited to!):

- Houses. The house down the road from us, that we thought FOR SURE we would be moving into this summer, is no longer. Well... I mean, it's there... but we weren't able to negotiate a price. The price our realtor told us was good and the price they want is about $70,000 difference. Needless to say, for a house that is straight out of the 70's and requires LOTS of modernizing, that's a lot of money. In addition, the people that wanted to buy our house have decided they prefer to live more in the country. SO... we're back at square 1. Again.

- Girl's names. We can't agree. It's just that simple! I told Jon, if I had my way we would have had a name months ago... but our tastes are SO different! I think that I should have like 60% pull vs. the typical 50% in this case. I'm not a huge "I carried this child, and gave birth to them, so you better..." kind of person - but I'm tempted to be in this case! Just until we choose a name anyhow! The name I have picked out is just SO lovely... and Jon's names are just so 90's (keepin' it real!)! But I know eventually (hopefully in like the next week or two) we will agree. I have every confidence that God will pop a really great name into both our heads. Until then I'm not even going to list the options!

- Toys. I'm clearing out Alia's toys. We were at a close friends house the other day and their once overflowing toy shelf was completely bare (minus a puzzle or two!). Her husband was sick of walking over & around stuff so he boxed it all up... funny thing... the kids have hardly noticed! So - operation "Alia needs to learn to play with what she has" will be in effect soon. I just have to buy a few more storage totes! (Don't worry - all her new Christmas toys have made the cut!)

- My camera. It's in manual mode 100% of the time now. So... pictures will probably continue to be lacking in most departments for the next ?? I'm not sure how long! Just wanted to let ya know. And ask you, once again, to overlook all badness and just see the hints of goodness!

There's more... but I'm getting on the yawny side. So up I go to try and get some shut eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment