Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ready for SNOW!

Alia and Jon are ready, that is! I could do without one flake of the white stuff ALL winter and be happy as a lark.

But... since we live in Canada, and since winter is bound to come, I decided to get Alia's snow gear ready. I bought her a new snowsuit last year in prep for this winter... but upon our debut fitting, realized it would be WAY too big and there's no chance of it fitting her over the next 5 months. (So our clothes saga continues...)

Thankfully a friend from our church called and asked if I would want her daughter's outgrown clothes. I said "absolutely" and in the bag there was a snowsuit and a brand new pair of snow boots for Alia, which were the perfect size I might add! My, what a blessing!

Alia had a ball waddling around in her chunky pants and even tried to help me fold clothes with her mittens on! I'm hoping she is this excited when it comes time to don her new attire! Jon is tuning up the snowmobiles as I speak (or type, whatever!)... and if I know my daughter... and I do... she will LOVE going for snowmobile rides! Now we just need to find her a cute little pair of snow goggles!!

As for me... I prefer a snowsuit over a bathing suit anyday. So I guess I should be thankful I live in Canada (where it's winter for at least 5 months out of the year) vs. Florida or Mexico or Arizona or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment