Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My little helper

Alia has gotten to the age where she wants to help... with EVERYTHING! Whether I'm folding laundry, doing dishes, tidying up around the house, cooking, dusting, making the bed, grocery shopping, or putting on my deodorant... she wants to be right in on the action! I have actually starting giving her a microfiber cloth while I'm cleaning... she might as well really be dusting as she "pretends"!

Well, the other day I wanted to get a start on canning tomatoes, and she, of course, pushed up her chair to join me. I honestly thought she would just be in the way, but she handed me tomatoes and actually held her weight pretty good!


It's taken me a bit of time to come to this point ... but I have really enjoyed this time of bonding for us! Doing dishes might never be as quick and "painless" as it once was (in Alia's aftermath there's usually puddles of water and countless silverware that has been licked, re-washed, and licked again...) but it's a time that we'll never get back, and I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment