Monday, October 26, 2009

My New Toy

My camera has finally arrived... or we finally went down to the States to pick it up, I should say! At any rate - it's HERE! For those of you who aren't aware (like 99.9% of you), I just bought my first SLR digital camera. It was a HUGE purchase for me and I have been waiting a few years for a camera like this one! I chose a Pentax k200d, for a number of reasons... but not that most of you will care to read about those!
I have been snapping pictures left and right, and have realized I have TONS to learn. Gracious, I've taken some really bad pictures over the last 2 days! I feel like Alia knows what to do with her camera more than I do sometimes!


I've been taking pictures of anything I can find.... see, I'm desperate!


*** NOTE *** Even though my better judgement tells me I shouldn't post ANY pictures for the next 13 years, I am going to post my "in process" pictures! Hopefully when I look back on these I can smile and say "Wow, I had no idea what I was doing back then. Good thing my pictures don't look like that anymore!" So bear with me k?! ***

Yesterday the horses came back to pasture beside our house, and of course Alia HAD to go visit them! The owner of the horses was just walking past when we arrived, so she told us to go right in the fence anytime we wanted to. Alia... being the smart little chick she is... now knows that there is NO reason to stay on the outside of the fence, when the grass is greener on the other side!





I had fun trying out my continuous shutter as Jon and Alia were "spinning" down the road. Although these pictures are blurry (again... I still have LOTS to learn!) they are still cute none the less!





So as I learn about lighting, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, editing, etc.... I will keep ya posted! In the mean time... thanks for being patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment