Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poopy on the potty goes terribly wrong!

During breakfast this morning Alia was fidgeting, grunting, tooting... you name it. When I asked her if she needed to use the potty she kept saying "poo-poo, poo-poo"... so I took that as a yes! Since I wasn't finished with my cereal yet (and Alia takes FOREVER to sit on the potty!) I decided to bring her potty chair into the kitchen!
As I was slurping up my milk, I looked over to see some serious redness in the face - lo and behold she actually WAS pooping on the potty! (We've made the "mistake" of making potty time fun, so Alia LOVES just sitting there - even if there's not a trickle in sight!) Things were going good... until... she stood up... mid grunt! Oh dear! Now there is not only poopy IN the potty, but smeared on the seat and down the side! I told her to sit down (in hind sight this was a bad idea!) so in addition to everywhere else, the poo-poo is now all over Ali and her shirt! I was cheering, carrying on, and being very excited about the pooping in the potty thing, all the while trying to hold in my breakfast! (I still have nausea issues with this pregnancy and the smell of poo-poo is just NOT a good thing!)
I managed to get the potty and Alia into the washroom, but as I was washing her off I just.... lost it! Alia has never seen me hurl before so she wasn't quite sure what was going on, so to distract her I ran some bath water and plopped her in (poo-poo and all). I tried to start cleaning the toilet, but lost it again... only adding to my troubles! Now I have 1 poopy potty, 1 poopy girl, and 1 puke covered bathroom floor to clean up!
Thankfully my system recovered and I was able to get everything sparkling clean! Alia was thrilled to get two baths in one morning (we had to drain the bath tub, give it a wipe down, and re-fill it with clean water!) when she normally only gets one bath before bedtime!
Needless to say I'm going to really think before I ask Alia if she needs to go "poopy on the potty" next time, and we're going to start reinforcing the SITTING on the potty rule... none of this standing up stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I don't look forward to potty training. Some people here think that little boys can run around without pants to teach them. Somehow little girls just can't do the standing thing to do any sort of "business". Too bad for us I guess. Good for you to hang in there and clean up even with the gag reflex in high gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I'm not really looking forward to getting in the thick of it either! The price of diapers will continue to spur me on though! For now we are just getting Alia used to the potty, and once she's more able to tell us the times she needs to go, then we'll steam ahead in full force!

    ReplyDelete