Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shopping... or the lack there of

Today was possibly the most disappointing shopping day ever. Actually... now that I think about it... there have been VERY VERY few successful shopping trips since the arrival of our little Pinkster Pants. I think it's because I'm always rushed. Always... even when someone else is watching Alia and tells me to take my time... I still feel rushed. And it doesn't help that we live so far from any mentionable shopping facilities. Anyhow - I'm sad about my excursion today.
My goal was to find a new car seat (as Alia is definitely pushing the limits in hers), an umbrella stroller for Florida, and a few clothes items for me and my girl. That's not a huge daunting list. But I came home with 1 pair of pants for the kiddo and 2 gifts for other people's kiddos. I can't help but pout a little just thinking about it!
I've never been the crazy shopping type... I'm too frugal for that... but I think just the occasional non-grocery shopping adventure would be nice. For the past 7 years I have lived at LEAST 1 1/2 hours from a decent mall, and my wardrobe is showing it!
Anyhow... internet shopping here we come - again.

2 comments:

  1. Funny to hear you talk about umbrella strollers because I saw a few of them at Kmart. I know what you mean about shopping. There is nothing here other than over priced western stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping with kids is always less successful! Too bad though, I understand your dissapointment. There is a reclining umbrella stroller on sale in the babies r us flyer this week (you can view it online) but its still $70 I think.

    ReplyDelete