Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday

I think I’ve reached adulthood. Instead of being completely spoiled on my birthday (which, this will sound selfish… is usually what has happened!) I spent most the day tearing out our bathroom floor, helping with installation and cleaning up from the mess. In the end I was very pleased with the results… but I have to admit, I was pretty pouty during the process! Once we were finished with the floor we all boogied to get ready, and headed into town for dinner and a little shopping! It was so fun... I just love strolling through the aisles with my little family and no agenda! For supper we went to a Mennonite buffet… YUM… so good! We sat kinda close to the serving line and Alia had a ball making faces at everyone as they passed. I honestly think she thought they were coming to see her!
Someone had written me a message earlier in the day saying “Keep your eyes and ears open, because God wants to bless you today.” I thought to myself, “Ha… I’m cleaning all day, how can He bless me in that?” Anyhow… as we were eating our supper an older gentleman, that Jon hasn’t seen in a while, came to chat with us. As they were talking he opened his wallet, pulled out a $20… completely out of the blue… and tossed it on the table. Jon asked what he was doing and he just said he felt that he should pay for our supper, or at least part of it. Jon said that he didn’t have to and all that… and finally just said “Thanks”. Jon said it was my birthday and we were out celebrating. This made the guy smile and he just said “Be blessed.” So… God has a way of spoiling us, even when we don't think it's possible! The act of paying for our supper was a simple gesture… but I was/am oh so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of being an adult and getting older. Sometimes I wish it wouldn't go by so fast.

    ReplyDelete