Monday, January 10, 2011

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles

Confession - I have never made a gingerbread house. I've always thought it would be fun... but just haven't got around to it as of yet! Well... my little "froggy" (that's what she is today... a froggy!) got to experience this "rite of Christmas passage" before her ole' mama did!

Alia and Auntie Betty whipped us this little beauty before Christmas a few weeks ago!


I told Betty that Alia's advent activity for the day was to draw a Christmas picture (which we hadn't gotten around to yet) but Auntie Betty took it about 10 steps further!!

Mr. Gingerbread house lasted a good month or so at our place... that is, until Daddy started nibbling some of the candy off, and then shared it with his ever keen daughter. Stale month old candy has next to no appeal to me... but those little gumdrop bushes just looked too darn tempting I guess!



Green Noel Cottage was nice while it lasted, but I'm already planning for the "expansion pack" next Christmas! Green Noel Estate is going to be on the advent list for next year... we're bi-passing the Christmas drawing all together!!

2 comments:

  1. You should have seen Nancy and Sydney's house...it was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! Kailey has been eyeing them up in the store she passes! We may have to do one for her next year!

    ReplyDelete