Monday, September 27, 2010

5 Minutes to Sit Down

I was gone all weekend at the women's retreat (which was FABULOUS!) and came back to a wonderfully clean home and happy, excited children!

Then somehow Monday morning blew up with two tired and cranky girls, a crabby mama, a SUPER cluttered house, a huge box of tomatoes BEGGING to be canned, 3 loads of laundry waiting to be folded, and guests coming over for dinner.

At Women Living Well (see the button on the right side of my blog) Courtney's challenge for today was setting the mood of our homes... which I NEEDED to hear so much right about now!

I owe my girls an apology and my husband a HUGE hug!

Thankfully the girls are napping, the tomatoes have been transformed into spaghetti sauce and are in the canner, the laundry is folded and put away with another load ready to be washed, and our guests are coming over after dinner for homemade pretzel making and desserts instead.

Our afternoon is looking a little brighter! I have had 5 minutes to be reminded of why I do what I do... so despite a crazy long to do list - the girls and I need to do a little dancing in the kitchen before daddy gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment