Monday, March 1, 2010

Mommy's Birthday Treat in the Making

I have not had the oppurtunity to celebrate my birthday with my parents since I was 18. So... since this was the closest we've come in awhile, my mom surprised me with a little birthday party before she left! Her and Alia made a delicious supper and baked up some yummy red velvet cupcakes for dessert! Here's the inside look at the cupcake girls in action!



Can ya tell it's red velvet cake batter?!?!








Yes... when Mommy walked in she instinctively grabbed a bib!




This girl is quite the snitch, I tell ya!






One sprinkle for the cupcakes...


One sprinkle for Alia!


Adding the sprinkles... and making sure they are REALLY on the cupcakes to stay!



The finished product


Blowing out the candle (they were kind in not putting all 26 on!)


They passed Alia's inspection... so much in fact that she would have eaten the whole plate had we let her!


What a lovely little birthday party! Thinking back on it makes me smile all over again!

1 comment: