Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthdays just aren't as much fun

when you get older! Since I was a leap year baby, I used to get spoiled rotten! I mean, as a child I thought it was normal... but now I realize just how much my parents and grandparents did to make my day EXTRA special!
Fast forward a few years to life with 2 kids, and birthdays just kinda get put on the back burner! Ya know what our excitement was on my b-day? A nap. Yup. That was our main focus!
To Jon's credit, he was planning on taking me out for supper... but the girls just didn't cooperate. By the time Larren was fed it was already 6:30 and with bath/bedtime looming I just couldn't justify going out that "late"!
Our biggest celebration was the "jello jigglers" that Jon and Alia whipped up earlier in the day. Jon put a candle on, they both sang "Happy Birthday"... and that was that!


(Jon doesn't "believe" the recipe for jigglers and added more water than it said. Thus the reason it's more of a blob than any particular shape!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment