Thursday, April 29, 2010

'47 Chevy

Jon has always wanted to put a Cummin's diesel engine in his dad's old '47 pick up, and this spring it's becoming reality! Since my dad is also a mechanic, he and Jon spent a good amount of time working on it while my folks were visiting! And... the hard work "paid off" - they got it running and driving before they left!
There's still lots of work to do, but I'm so excited to see this dream of Jon's come true! This truck will NEVER be a show truck (we have NO desire for that!), but Jon's planning on using it as his daily driver! I'm just hoping I can take it for a cruise every now and then... it really is quite an adventure to drive!



3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I love the old trucks! We need to see more of them on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee! This is Katie Diller Edgren and I just showed my husband this picture and said Jon put a Cummins diesel engine in it. He said "ohhhhhh that is awesome!" He is jealous and was sad when I said you lived far away in Canada! PS: We live in the Cummins capital (Columbus, IN) if you ever want to come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee that is the sweetest looking truck I've ever seen!!! Yeah Jon!! :)

    ReplyDelete