Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"It's a Good Thing You're Cute"...

I must admit, I've found myself thinking that more than once over the last week!

Thursday night - we're all ready for a bath and I noticed Alia soiled her diaper. Okay, not a big deal. I much prefer it now rather than 2 minutes from now! So I go upstairs to change her and instead of putting on a diaper, I figure I'll just rush Alia downstairs to the bath tub in her birthday suite. We made just a milli-second pit stop to get a tissue. Mistake. I notice my side getting very warm and actually hear trickling on the carpet... she couldn't hold it in I guess. So needless to say she soaked through the 3 layers that I had on, and we were both in need of a bath!

Friday morning - I was all finished packing for our WY trip. In the process Alia found a blue/red western type necklace that I had out and wanted to play with it. Why not?!? So she carried it downstairs with us and continued to play while I did other things. A few minutes later I turned around and saw a smurf of a girl looking up at me. She must have put it in her mouth (why I didn't think of this, I have no idea!) and the dye got on her face and hands. So, we're only minutes away from loading up the Escape to head out and I have a blue problem to deal with! I took the necklace away and started filling the bathtub. Not a big deal until the dye wouldn't come OFF!! I tried scrubbing with baby soap, real soap, and finally my micro fibre washcloth! I think the washcloth did the best.... but her face and hands were still a bit blue when we left! Thankfully by the time we actually got to WY it was all off but her shirt will probably never recover! Although that necklace is one of my favs... I think it's going to the thrift store!

A few minutes ago - since Alia has been bathing in a sink the last few days I thought I would let her take a long leisurely bath. She's set with some bath toys so I thought I would use this time to unpack the toiletries bag. It only took a few minutes, I turn around.... and Alia had, uhhhh, "chunked" in the bath tub, if you get my drift. She wasn't the most pleased to have her bath time so rudely interrupted while I drained, disinfected, and refilled the bath tub... but was happy as a lark that she got two baths in a matter of minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment