Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ahhh....

Wyoming was so good. It was just what I needed! I was able to check off everything on my "looking forward to" list and it was lovely.

We had a great trip down and made it in about 14 1/2 hours... which I think is pretty good considering we're traveling with a 1 year old! And I'm proud to report that I drove from 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. thanks to sunflower seeds. If I would have known how helpful those little things are in aiding awakeness while driving, I would have started crunchin' a long time ago! But yeah - since marrying Jon I have become quite a wuss in the distance driving department so that stretch was an accomplishment for me!

All three of us were able to nap for a bit once we rolled in (around 6 am), so that was a huge blessing! We toured the base and saw the beautiful new log administration building! OHHH, it's worlds better than the dingy offices before... it looks amazing! There is still some finishing work to do, but at least it's usable now! There was a branding going on (that we didn't really know about) and there weren't many staff on base, so we decided to cruise Meeteetse a bit. I showed Alia all the "sights" and we went to the Elkhorn for lunch (sadly enough the Outlaw wasn't open yet!).... it was good, plus Ali got to experience her first bar of the weekend!

We dropped off Alia at a friends house in Cody so we could actually enjoy the ceremony, and it was absolutely beautiful! Nice, elegant yet simple, and so Brett and Angie! Of course I cried, but I just couldn't help myself... after all this time Brett has found his love... and they are PERFECT for each other!! I'm so honored that I got to be part of their day! It was great to see everyone at the reception and catch up a bit, and whenever the CWAM gang is gathered there's gonna be lots of fun... and dancing! So yeah... I think two-stepping is officially one of my favorite things. Jon and I tried, but my husband isn't the most coordinated when it comes to dancing, (he totally admits this!) so we're going to have to keep working on it! One of these days he'll be able to whirl me around the dance floor!

On Sunday we went to Foursquare church and I was beyond blessed! It was so good to see everyone, catch up, and hear Kenny preach a little bit! I think Foursquare will always be "my" church, if ya know what I mean. It is one of the only churches I have been to that I can just walk in the door and instantly feel God. I can't describe how connected I feel to that church... but it will always be special to me!

We had a reunion/pot bless lunch and hung out with some CWAMer's for the afternoon. It too was such a blessing! Sunday evening we played some pool and ate beer battered fries (well... I ate them... pretty much everyone else just nibbled! I don't even want to know how many baskets I actually consumed! My excuse was I didn't know when I would get them again!)Yum... SO GOOD! This was Alia's 2nd bar experience of the weekend! I really can't decide if I'm an awful mother for bringing her with... but in Meeteetse that's just the way things are. She sure enjoyed watching the pool games though!

We were able to visit with Kurt and Heidi at their place for a few hours when we got back. It was such a highlight for us to see their vision for the ministry and to connect with them a bit more. Whenever we chat with those two we are encouraged, challenged and blessed! They are an amazing couple!

Jon joined the guys for prayer/breakfast at 5:30 the next morning so I thought we'd be on the road bright and early! Nope... we ended up leaving 2 hours after I originally planned, and that's okay (visiting it way more important!). We had a great trip back but didn't get home until close to 1 am because of the late departure and a little shopping in Billings!

Overall I am SO glad we went! Jon was ready to pack up and relocate to Meeteetse, I think! Both he and I have a heart for the ministry down there and were encouraged to go back and see what's happening. We would like to possibly go back for a week this summer to help out, but we'll see if God works that out. We are SO blessed that Jon gets the summers off and are hoping to make missions trips a reality during that time! This time was just a great reminder to use all that we have to glorify Him... I am so thankful!

By the way, this is the only pic we took of our whole trip - isn't that pitiful?!?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time Renee! I don't know any of the people you talked about, but I'm so happy for you anyways!

    ReplyDelete