Monday, June 17, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

We've tried gardening... once. But the problem is that we travel so much during the summer. And for some reason the last time we tried, the garden didn't weed itself while we were in Alaska for 3 weeks and we came home to a jungle!! We decided that gardening wasn't going to quite work for us and our summer schedule!

Well this year it's a bit different! We are actually going to be in Manitoba for the majority of the summer rather than the other way around! It's good and bad, I guess! But we're only planning to travel for 2-3 weeks instead of 2-3 months! We planted 6 tomato plants and 6 pepper plants in the ground, and the rest of our "garden" is in containers.

I didn't have extremely high hopes... but wow, I am loving this!!!!

We just got our first ripe strawberry yesterday...



Which, as I'm sure you can imagine, intrigued the kids greatly!


And I've been picking fresh kale for weeks now!


And there's fresh cilantro, basil, parsley, chives, and a little pickling cucumber plant alongside the flowers!

If I would have known how fun this is, I think we would have tried this again years ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment