Wednesday, November 2, 2011

100% Love, 100% of the Time

My quiet time this morning was one of those "just what I needed to hear" kind of moments. Over the last couple of months I have realized just how much I've replaced a relationship with a religion. I have been more focused on DOING for God, than on simply BEING in Jesus presence... getting to know Him on a deeper level. How often I have blocked "out" God's love for me because of my "less than steller" performance... and then gotten frustrated that He's not speaking to me... when all the while His Love hasn't changed. I have. And... He's YEARNING to simply envelope me in His loving arms... whether I'm choosing to pursue Him, or ignore Him.

Here's a glimpse into my reading this morning...

"Unconditional Love is such a radical concept that even My most devoted followers fail to grasp it fully. Absolutely nothing in heaven or on earth can cause Me to stop loving you. You may feel more loved when you are performing according to your expectations. But My Love is perfect; therefore it is not subject to variation. What does vary is your awareness of My loving Presence.
When you are dissatisfied with your behavior, you tend to feel unworthy of My Love. You may unconsciously punish yourself by withdrawing from Me and attributing the distance between us to My displeasure. Instead of returning to Me and receiving My Love, you attempt to earn My approval by trying harder. All the while, I am ACHING to hold you in My everlasting arms, to enfold you in My Love. When you are feeling unworthy or unloved, come to Me. Then ask for receptivity to My unfailing Love."
(an excerpt from the book "40 Days with Jesus : Celebrating His Presence" by Sarah Young)

Psalm 13:5 & 6 - "But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me."

This message called "The Inheritance" by Graham Cooke is oh so powerful.
Every.single.time. I watch it I am blown away by our God. SOAK in these words. Let them penetrate to those hard, unbelieving places of your heart. Let this truth replace lies believed and bring freedom to areas of fear, bondage, and rejection.


Be encouraged today that it's not about our performance... it's about the crazy, intense, unfathomable love of our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment