Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Sister A

... has had quite the amount of adjusting to do over the last week! Overall she's done OK. I can't say whether it's gone better or worse than I expected. I don't think I had too terribly many expectations for Alia.
I hoped that she would welcome the baby with open arms, and she's totally exceeded that hope! She's been amazing with Larren... sharing toys, "sharing" her snacks, helping me change diapers, giving hugs and kisses like crazy, always including "baby" in her frequent family roll calls. She's been fabulous!

BUT - she's been testing in every other way possible! Our once well behaved girl has had a bit of a relapse and at the moment has forgotten some of the "rules of the land!" People keep saying, "Don't worry - the "old" Alia will come back, eventually"... but still, I'm nervous she won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment