Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Porch livin'

(Or "verandah" for my fellow Northerners.) Anyhow... we spent almost the whole day on the verandah yesterday!! What a life... I kick back and savor the outdoors while Alia runs around the "big play pen" until nap time!
My oh my, we had gorgeous weather! And no wind... now believe me, that's something to talk about in this area! Our lawn was sprayed for dandelions/weeds on Saturday and I want to be EXTRA safe, so we won't be going on it until Wednesday. Thus the reason we went no further than the white railing. Notice our porch swing still isn't hung?! We have yet to decide the best place to put it. Nor have we rigged up the best hanging system when we actually do decide where it should go. (The place I want to put it would mean a load of 500+ lbs on 1 rafter. Jon doesn't think that would be the safest option! What can I say... we designed and made the rafters ourselves, that would make anybody leary!!) So for now the swing makes an excellent place to climb. Unless it's minutes before nap time... then the simple act of getting down can be traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment