Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jon...

... is such an amazing father. It's on days like today that I really stop and think about his love for Alia. He's patient, caring, protective, gentle yet firm, fun loving - everything a little girl could want in a daddy (to like the 10th degree!). I've NEVER EVER EVER heard him complain about Alia. Or anything having to do with her for that matter! Never. I can't say the same about myself... I've done my share of whining, and Jon's always there to remind me what a huge blessing she is! As I type the two of them are playing together and it just makes my heart swell. Alia adores her Daddy... and for very good reason. Our "Daddy's Day" celebrations were pretty low key. Alia colored Jon a picture in the morning (okay, truth be known she wanted to eat the crayons more than draw... but we finally got some to paper, so it all worked out!), then we made him breakfast in bed. We stopped by Tim Horton's for an ice cap on the way home from church and made him his favorite meal for lunch! We played like crazy in the afternoon and went on a bike ride as a family. Ate some pizza for supper followed by more playing. Today has consisted of lots and lots of playing... and swinging (Daddy hung up Alia's new swing yesterday!!)... it's been delightful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment