Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"When I'm happy my ears wiggle...

... and my foot taps up and down." That's the song that has been floating around our house, thanks to Gramma and Grampa Great who got a song singing Easter bunny for Alia! It's a catchy little jingle! Alia had her first Easter egg hunt and LOVED it!! She caught on pretty quick to the game! She would spot an egg, crawl crawl crawl as fast as she could to get it, and then we would clap and cheer wildly when she picked it up! But when all was said and done the poor girl had to cash in all her candy for cheerios! Oh the life of a one year old! Here's our little family on Easter morning!
We had a great time with my folks over their spring break! They arrived on Saturday and stayed for a little over a week. We didn't do as much as we would have liked... our town isn't exactly the tourist attraction of the world, ya know! And since my parents have been here a number of times, we've basically run out of cool things to show them! They said they didn't mind, and all they wanted was to be with us! Awwww!!! What a parent thing to say hey?!?! :) So we caught up on chatting, playing with Ali, getting into some Euchre tournys, and relaxing in general! It was nice for Alia to have some quality Gramma and Grampa time and for me to connect with my Mom and Dad! It's never enough time though. It seems like I'm always just getting back to "normal" with them, and then it's time to leave. I hate that! Distance is an annoying thing, but for now that's our life!
We also had an early birthday party for Ali while Gramma and Grampa were here! It was fun to watch her open gifts and turn her nose up at the cake! So yeah... I have much practice to do in the cake department before the main event! I'm going to try working with fondant and see if that produces better results! At least it tasted good and we all had a fun evening! Plus Alia walked away with a super cool set of wheels! A new riding giraffe... I, ummm, I mean she.... loves it!

3 comments:

  1. When I'm happy, my ears wiggle and my foot taps up and down. when I'm happy, I giggle and I never ever frown. I'm the friendly easter bunny and I'll sing to you Easter day with a basket full of candy and a lot of games to play.

    When I'm happy, my ears wiggle and my foot taps up and down. I'm so happy ......******?????(don't understand the words) because I come to your town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    My son has had his easter bunny since 2009!! and he still loves him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had that when i was a little girl i got scared of it

    ReplyDelete