Thursday, October 11, 2012

Caider and Me

The two big girls were asked to spend the night at Nana Betty's the other night, so the next morning I found myself in a really, really quiet house! And they ended up being gone all day... so that really, really quiet morning turned into a really, really quiet DAY! 

Don't get me wrong, Caidrie was her normal self... but going from three kids to one kid, felt easy schmeasy! No fighting, or running up and down the halls, or "MOMMY, I'm DONE!" coming from the washroom, or "More water, please!" as I JUST sit down for lunch ... just the occasional pre-nap time crying from C.P. (Caidrie Praise) and smiles the rest of the day!

I didn't know what to do with myself! Caid and I went into town, but things took so much less time than they usually do that we were back in a Manitoba minute! Lunch was uneventful and then it was time for her to nap again! I mean yeah... I could have done all the house cleaning, and the laundry, and tackle that long to-do list, but... nah!

I read, I browsed the ole' inter web, and Caidrie and I simply spent time together!

She impressed me with her new standing skills...


... played with toys that are usually "sister swiped" right away...


... "cooked" up a storm...


... made me laugh with her funny faces...


... beat me in several races down the hallway...



... and endured my (unsuccessful) attempts to get a "Mommy and littlest lady" picture.


All in all a relaxed, lazy, loving day.


And it's the little things, like how she's always  "ready" with her foot tucked underneath her when she's playing, that make me smile. Those things that, sadly, get over looked as the youngest member of our family. It felt good to slow down, savor the quietness, get to know Caidrie a little more, and be ready to do the Mommy game again the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment