Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ohio trip - part 1

As a lot of you know we were able to spend a little over 3 weeks in Ohio with family and friends! It was a WONDERFUL time of relaxation, connecting, freedom, eating :), and making memories!

We were delayed 1 day due to my husband's new fascination - lawn tractor racing. Yes, you heard me right! I know... it can't get more redneck than that! But being the loving, supportive wife I am I said "Of course honey.... you just race until your heart's content!" I tell ya, those racers take their racing seriously... I couldn't believe it! Jon almost didn't get to race due to the 101 things they check your tractor for...and at this race ya get a pat on the back if ya win, not even a candy bar for crying out loud!! All in all Jon had a lot of fun (and I will admit, Alia and I enjoyed watching too!) and didn't do too bad for his first race. I'm told there will be more in the future so we shall see!!

We were delayed another half day due to our truck acting up... so that threw a wrench in our plans. It was 11 pm when Jon got the truck all fixed... just about the time I was ready to turn in for the night! I had no idea we were still heading out but Jon was full of energy so away we went! Alia was asleep before we left the driveway and I wasn't too far behind!

We had to make a stop in Chicago to pick up a diesel engine for Jonathan's new project and were delayed a few hours due to miscommuniction (do you notice the theme of the trip?!). We made the best of it though... let Alia practice her truck driving skills, took a nap, prayed that the repeat gun shots we heard were far off! It was worth the wait just to see Jon's face light up while loading his new engine though!! He gets so giddy about stuff like that, I love it!! Here's our "rig" as we were wasting time! We finally arrived in Ohio at 1:30 am and bless their hearts, my mom and dad were up waiting for us! It felt SO good to be home!

I'll just give ya a snap shot of our trip through pics k?! I can't even begin to "document" everything!
- "swimming" in the hot tub with Gramma and Grampa

- enjoying the sunshine and her own personal pool

- sunbathing with Auntie Angie

- taking the game pieces from one ladder and re-hanging them on the other ladder, over and over again


- Mom and Dad had some family friends over for a vist and they surprised us with a "Congrats" cake... it was so sweet! And of course, what would a gathering be without a shooting competition? Welcome to my family entertainment!



- My Grampa with us kids

- Gramma and Grampa gots lots of play time in, of course!


- Ali's 1st ear of corn (it's a big deal k?!?! Corn is just a part of summer!)
- Blowing bubbles at the park with Lisa

- Hanging out with my Daddy on the hammock (trying not to get pelted by flying objects, courtesy of my lil bro... gotta love 'em!! Really...I do, A LOT, I'm just trying to make him feel bad!)

1 comment:

  1. The picture of you and your dad is just a glimpse into the future of what someday Jon will look like with Alia. I'm sure your dad still wishes you were Alia's age. How sweet

    ReplyDelete